Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kiah's Love Language

Have you ever heard about the 5 love languages? Its a book that talks about 5 ways people love. Each person has a special love language, a way that they communicate and feel love. Everyone is different, so understanding someone's love language can help you show, do or say they right things to make someone you love KNOW and FEEL love from you. The five languages are Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service & Physical Touch. You can read more about them {here}.
I know what my love languages are, and its great being able to express to my husband or to my kids how I perceive love, what they say or do that makes me feel especially loved. I wanted to be able to do the same for the kids, and know their love language. So I decided to have them take the test! Today I am sharing Kiah's Love Language.

Her #1 Love Language is Quality Time.
A very close 2nd was words of affirmation, 3rd acts of service, 4th physical touch and last was gifts.

I actually wasn't surprised that quality time was the way she feels loved the most. She craves mommy time, daddy daughter dates and enjoys just sitting next to me doing nothing more than leaning her head on my shoulder, reading what I write or what I read. But it was still very cool to know for sure, and to see what other love languages are at the top of the list for her. She is actually a lot like me! But my number one is words of affirmation and my number 2 is quality time, and then the last 3 are in the exact same order for me.

Have you ever taken the test for yourself or for your kids?
If so, what are your love languages?
If not, take the test {here} and feel free to share!
Do you think they are accurate?

5 comments:

  1. I was always intrigued by the book but never read it. I took the quiz and got words of affirmation first. makes sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read the book and taken the quiz, and (unfortunately or maybe fortunately for my husband), my top two languages tied, and the next two were both one point behind! Gifts is in my second tier, and I think it gets a bad rap. I feel like a lot of people like to say that they don't care about gifts, but it is a very real love language, and it's my parents' top love language. The same people who like to receive gifts usually like to give gifts too, and it's not the material item that matters, it's the giving of the gift that appeals to that person's way of loving and feeling love.
    Done with my novel now! Your daughter is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that book. she is very beautiful and its nice to know your childs and husbands love language...it helps when you want to do something extra special for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you linked this up to Monday Mom Musings today. My husband and I have both taken the test, and my language is acts of service followed closely by quality time. Don't know why it never occurred to me to consider what my baby's language could be. Tweeting this thought-provoking post now. Thanks so much, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I just took the test for myself. Physical touch came out number one. I wouldn't normally describe myself as a person who loves touching, but the more I think about it, hugging my husband and cuddling my boys is soothing to me. I'm going to get the rest of my family to take this, so I know how better to show them I love them. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Mommy Made. I hope you enjoyed this post. I look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...