Summer is one of my favorite times of the year, and I am sure I am not alone in that.
But often times it can be filled with phrases like: "I'm bored", "What can we do/there's nothing to do".
I dont always have ideas right off the top of my head, so I decided to make a list.
This is a list of 55 things "to-do" this summer (or any time of the year, really).
They are in no particular order, just fun things and ideas for when we get bored or just because!
Some are just ideas, many have links to tutorials, diy, or recipes.
Also after my list, I have a link up!
I would love for you to link up and share your fun kid/family friendly crafts, recipes or ideas.
If you enjoy this list & link up, please pin this post!
- Make Homemade Bubbles
- Create Bubble Art
- Go Camping
- Make root beer float pop-cycles
- Star Gaze
- Have a water balloon fight
- Make Playdoh
- Make fun shaped crayons
- Swim as much as possible
- Make Water Sponge Bombs
- Write and send out "snail mail" letters to friends/family
- Make Oobleck
- Make our own puzzles
- Make Jello Playdoh, then turn it into Jello Cookies!
- Make a Treasure Hunt
- Go Fishing
- Play ball
- Make Your Own Bean Bag Toss
- Make up stories
- Tye Die some T-Shirts
- Message in a Pancake
- Paint or Create self-portraits
- Make Salt Dough Hand Prints
- Have a Mommy Daughter Manicure day
- Do a 30 Day Drawing Challenge
- Photograph Nature
- Find shapes & things in the clouds
- Make Super Hero Capes
- Make a Bird Feeder
- Make Smores
- Sit & Sing around a camp fire
- Make Grass Sock Heads (Using clear cups this time!)
- Watch for shooting stars
- Make Trix treats!
- Have a scavenger hunt
- Create some fun science experiments
- Become "Starving Artists" with Sandwich Art
- Read books
- Make things explode
- Stay up late
- Teach the kids how to sew
- Make friendship bracelets
- Attempt to do draw with light
- Use old magazines to make a collage
- Make Fun Photo bookmarks!
- Visit Grandparents
- Create an "invisible" sensory tub
- Donate old toys
- Enjoy glow in the dark drinks
- Go on family walks
- Create our own Lava Lamps
- Have fun with food
- Have many family movie nights
- Interview the kids
- Teach the kids to cook a meal
Now for the linky party!
Please link up YOUR boredom buster posts.
Share with me your kid or family friendly crafts, food, to-do lists.
Anything that could help bust boredom this summer!
This is not required, but I would love it, if you link up to either tweet or pin this post!