Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pirate Party Cake And Cupcakes!

 Ok So I decided to share the Pirate party pics in a few posts, so I dont overload you from all the photos!
Today I am going to share with you the indoor dessert table, how I created the cake & cupcakes,
and links to where you can find everything I did!
Swords and Pirate hat found in the party section at Target.

This is the  Skull & Cross Bones Digital Paper, I used to create Bruce's picture frame.
 I created this "Pirates Only" Printable just for the party.
I was inspired by {this} sign.
If anyone is interested in getting this printable to use for their own party, 
leave me a comment and I will share the printable here on the blog for all to use!
 I custom created these lables from {this} digital paper.

 This pirate hat cake was actually SUPER easy!
Only made from a cleverly cut ROUND cake. :)
You can find the how-to {here} on Family Fun.
 The Birthday Boy checking out Mommy's Progress!
 I was a busy bee the morning of his Party.
 I just LOVED this treasure map cupcakes idea from Family Fun.
 You can find out just how they did it over at Family Fun, I did it pretty similar..
But used a few different candy than they did.
 The "sand" was crushed up vanilla wafers.
 The "treasure chest" was made from two mini snickers, 
vanilla frosting (with yellow food coloring), and eatable decorator pearls.
 The volcano was made from a kit kat bar, the same yellow colored vanilla frosting,
and for the red, I just took ordinary sugar and added red food coloring.
 The palm trees are actually sour patch kids and a tooth pick.
The "X" marks the spot is also a sour patch kid that I rolled flat and cut to shape.
The dotted lines are made from cut up twizzler's pull and peal.
 The fishy cupcakes was a last minute idea I had come up with and decided to go for.
 I used vanilla frosting & blue food coloring.
The fish candy are Swedish Fish, and again I used the eatable decorator pearls for "bubbles".
I had SO much fun with this party theme, and everyone LOVED my cake and cupcakes.
So worth all the work!
I will be sharing the rest of the party and the snack table goodies tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Super fun and cute idea! I love how you used the cupcakes to make a treasure map:) All of the extra touches work perfectly with the theme!! I'm sure fun was had by all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I wish I could have been there, oh well maybe next year. Give the birhtday boy a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool funny thing is I got that same mag and Saturday I am making Hannah the Magical Garden cake with the fairies that was in that issue.I love family fun

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Mommy Made. I hope you enjoyed this post. I look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...