Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Outside







This Winter has been a strange one.
Very warm for winter, even for a California winter!
Last night, though, it was insanely windy.
It started raining, and the lights flickered a few times.
I thought we might lose power!
I had a hard time sleeping, the wind and rain was so loud.
I ended up not hearing my alarm clock, sleeping in and waking up at 7:08 instead of 6:20.
It was a rush to get the kids ready and to the bus stop on time at 7:22!
The morning was very chilly and the clouds were still dark, everything was still wet outside.
I thought it would be dark and dreary all day.

Surprisingly, though, the sun came out for a few hours to brighten the day.
So Zander and I were able to venture out to play for a little bit.
He loves it outside, and though I am not much of an "outdoorsy" person,
I love being with him and watching him play and explore.
It was so nice, after having such a hectic morning and bad night.
It was a nice reminder to me to be thankful for the "storms" in life,
because they help me to appreciate the times of "sunshine", and not take them for granted.


2 Samuel 23:4 (NIV)

" he is like the light of morning at sunrise
   on a cloudless morning,
like the brightness after rain
   that brings grass from the earth.’"

1 comment:

  1. Looks like he had a great time, I love the dino hat your mom made him too cute. Your talking about the wind and rain making you appreciate the sun reminds me of the Laura Story Blessings song.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Mommy Made. I hope you enjoyed this post. I look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...