Monday, January 23, 2012

No Sew Boys Heart Breaker Tee-Shirt Refashion

I'm planning on taking special pictures of the kids for their Valentines.
I wanted each of them to look super cute!
Girls are so easy to "dress up" for Valentines day.
Anything with lace, ruffles, hearts or glitter will do.
Boys on the other hand can be a little harder, there isnt a big market for "cutesy" boy clothes for V-day. 
So Mommy Made him a special shirt for Bruce for Valentines day!
Its so simple YOU TOO can make one for your little heart breaker!

Step 1: Use paper to cut out a heart, and cut a zig zag through it to make it "break"
Step 2: Place it on the shirt to get an idea of the size in case you need to trim it down. 
Also make sure you have enough red fabric. There should be at least a 1/4 inch past the heart on each side.
Step 3: Remove red fabric and pin down your heart template to front of shirt and trace with pencil.
Step 4: Cut a hole in the middle of one side of heart, then continue to cut around pencil lines.
Do the same for the other side of the heart.

Step 5: Turn shirt inside out, and place cardboard between shirt to protect from sticking together!
Step 6:  Add liquid stitch, do only one side at a time to ensure no folding.
Step 7: Carefully add the red fabric (one side at a time)
Step 8: Trim excess red fabric, leave and let dry for about 30 minutes.

Step 9: Flip right side out
Step 10: Grab Puff Paint and Decorate I thought adding a "stitched" look would be cool and rugged. 
But you can get created and design it how you want! :)
Step 11: Add your word(s) let dry over night!

My handsome little man! :)
We thought it looked a little more "manly" with the layered shirt look.
So he just threw on a long sleeve shirt to go under, but I am sure black would look good too.

Come back tomorrow to see the special Valentine's Day shirt I made for Kiah!


13 comments:

  1. LOVE this Maria! Please link it up to my Sunday FUNday partay!! I would love to feature you :)

    The Foley Fam Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are awesome! Thanks Kristine! :) Im linking up now. :)

      Delete
    2. Featuring you on my blog tomorrow with this awesome post! Thanks so much for linkin up girl! Feel free to grab a featured button and get your brag on :) XO

      Delete
  2. That is super cool! I got to make this for my sons. :-)
    I have a Be Mine Bonanza link party open all week! I would love for you to link up!
    Www. Athomewithk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is pretty awesome, and uber simple! And Brucey looks mighty handsome in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my boys need these! It's nice to see some boy shirts! You should join me for Handmade 52! http://raisingoranges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun shirt! Would you be willing to link this up to my valentine link party going on now? I'd love to have you! Thanks, Michelle http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/01/rockin-valentine-valentine-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this! and must make one for my little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool boy shirt! It's so hard to find good boy shirts for Valentine's Day and as a Mama of 3 boys (soon to be 4 boys!) I'm always on the lookout :) I'm your newest follower- I'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow me back if you'd like.
    Have a great rest of the week!
    xo,
    Laurie @ Gallamore West :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Cute! I hope you will link up this project to my I Heart Projects Party!

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/01/i-heart-projects-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOOOOVE IT!!!! Thanks for linking up at SummitStreetJoy.com!!!! :)
    blessings,

    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Great job. Thanks for inspiring me this week!
    ~Julie @ Singing Three Little Birds

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is that? I love the look on his face too! He's like, "Oh yeah, I know it. I break hearts daily." Cute kid! I found you through The Foley Farm. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Mommy Made. I hope you enjoyed this post. I look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...