Monday, November 14, 2011

She Did Fantasic

 Kiah had her volcano report a couple weeks.ago
Lucky for me they happened to be their reports on a Friday, which is the day I volunteer in her class!
Kiah was the first one to go up and do it, since I was there to watch. 
She didn't want to be first, and was a little nervous. However, she still so great.

She had such a wonderful report explaining about volcanoes and the parts that make up a volcano,
She talked about her trip to Mt. Lassen, what she learned on the trip and why the trail they hiked was called Bumpass Hell. She even shared a funny story about the smell of the boiling sulfuric pool. 
And no, neither I nor The Daddy had anything to do with her report.. she wrote it completely on her own, and I hadnt even read or heard it until that day in her class. 
When I asked her later why she hadn't shown me her report earlier, she said because she wanted to surprise me. :)
Boy WAS I surprised, I know she is smart... but I was still amazed at how well she did.
 I got teary eyed, I had perm-a-grin, and (I know I say this a lot but...) I was..well am so proud of her!
 Of course I am talking about my little over achiever, and yes, she did fantastic!
Kiah had her volcano report a couple weeks.ago
Lucky for me they happened to be their reports on a Friday, which is the day I volunteer in her class!
Kiah was the first one to go up and do it, since I was there to watch. 
She didn't want to be first, and was a little nervous. However, she still so great.
I got teary eyed, I had perm-a-grin, and (I know I say this a lot but...) I am so proud of her!


 So, not only did Kiah make a Volcano diorama, but she ALSO even created a poster.
This poster showed all the parts of the volcano.
So after she read her report, she used that to show all the parts of a volcano.

She then took and answered questions. She looked like a pro!

I don't think I will ever forget this day in class with Kiah.
She is so talented and smart. 
She is also so determined.
I love how she desires to work hard and has such a thirst for knowledge.
That is rare these days... Believe me, I know.. 
I see it when I volunteer in Kiah's class once a week.
I see so many of the kids off task, talking, not paying attention... falling behind!
I mostly work with the kids that are falling behind in class.
The kids are great, sweet kids really but just don't have a desire to keep on task!
Teachers in this school are being swamped, I can see how hard it is for them to give everyone the extra attention they need, so I love that I can help.

Though Kiah is getting older and getting to the age where "school isnt cool or fun" anymore,
she remains a wonderful student. I love that about her. 
I thank God every night for her, for the blessing that she is.
I know he has big plans for her. 
She is a light and an example to everyone around her. 
I pray she never loses the desire to do good, learn and achieve!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness she looks so grown up, so beautiful I just want to cry, It seems like only yesterday I was expecting my first grand child what a wonderful and joyous memory (after the shock of it all) now I have 13 with 1 still to come & I am so very much in love with them all. Kiah is very bright, talented & quite the individual JUST like her mommy! I am very proud of the way all my girls have grown & are with their spouses raising their families to walk with & love the Lord with every fiber of their being. I love you Kiah & am very proud to hear about your report and how well you did. (Im not surprised at all)=) Nanna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Mommy Made. I hope you enjoyed this post. I look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...