Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Night Time Routines


  Every night the kids and I have a bedtime routine. I put them to bed, and go to each of them separately, tuck them in, we pray and I say I LOVE you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO (as long as I can hold my breath!) Much much much much much much much much much!! Then I smother them in kisses!

They hold me tight and always ask for just ONE more kiss.... and then they ask again. :) I love it. I cherish it. Some nights I wish I could just stay in bed with them snuggling all night.

 And some nights I am just so exhausted I cant wait for them to just be sleeping so I can go relax with The Daddy. Which means our bed time routine gets a little rushed. Sometimes I rush so much I forget to pray with them.
Nights like tonight... when I was tired, grumpy and emotional for no real reason and just need some peace and quiet. So I rush. Then as I start down the hallway to the living room, I hear it, from at least one of them (tonight it was Zander). Mooooommma! I run back in to see what he needs.
"Whats up Zander?" 
"Momma, we pway?"
"Aww buddy, yeah I'm sorry, we can pray!"


And then my grumpiness is pushed away and my heart is filled.
I thank God that even my TWO year old can help keep me accountable!
His little prayers are so cute and funny too, he ALWAYS says 
"And thank you for strawberry milk" every time, without fail.
I love it! 
It makes me thankful even more for these precious ones God has entrusted to me.
I couldnt find the sleeping pic of Kiah so I used this one of her praying from her baptism.

What are your night time routines?


5 comments:

  1. SO sweet!! I can totally relate lately with the rushing... I just blogged about it recently :) Thanks for sharing your story!!

    We host a linky party every Tuesday called Help a Momma Out, and I would love it if you linked up with this!! Or any other post you'd like to share :) Thanks so much for considering girl!

    Have a lovely rest of your week!

    Kristine
    J&M's Eye Candy Blog
    J&M's Eye Candy on Facebook
    J&M's Eye Candy Shoppe on Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe how sweet. I am so glad you realized now what a blessing they are so you don't have to look back and wish you had done something differently. That is one thing I miss and did not do long enough was bedtime routines. Love you all give the kids big hugs and kisses for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up!! We will be featuring this great post tomorrow :) Thanks again for sharing Maria :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria, Keep up the good work, it pays off. My son who is now 16 years old and almost 6 feet tall will not go to sleep without us praying for him. Sometimes when I'm tired and want to rush it. He'll say hey why so short, and I'll have to start over. It makes my heart sing to hear him say " I'm going to bed, will you come pray for me. I know the day is coming when he'll be on his own, and I'll be wishing for times gone by. Come by my blog if you are interested. I'm Celebrating my first magazine article with a giveaway and a cute holiday how to made with fabric scraps. Thanks, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so been there!!! I LOVE our nighttime routine of kisses and prayers. I treasure those sweet quiet moments with my kids. I am your newest follower & feel free to check out my blog centered on being a crafty momma who loves her God, Hubby, Kids, and Home :) I think we might have some things in common ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Mommy Made. I hope you enjoyed this post. I look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...