Friday, September 2, 2011

Zander's Moon

In an effort to get a little more exercise into our day The Daddy and I decided to start taking walks during the morning after Kiah and Bruce go to school. Zander who loves going outside was excited about this idea. He wanted to quickly walk ahead of us and check everything out. There is nothing more precious than watching your child happily explore and learn!
Zander is just fun to be around in general, he never ceases to amaze me.
Today his new favorite word to use was "Oh". He cracked me up, 
'Momma Wah dat?' Pointing to a mail box.
'Mail box!'
'Mail box, Oooh'

We keep walking.
'Momma Wah dat?' Pointing to a speed sign.
'Its a Sign!'
'Sign, Oh'

We keep walking.
'Wah DAT!' Excitedly pointing to a dog. (He knew what it was)
'Doggy, Zander.'
'Oh, DOGGY, Ruff Ruff ' Then sticks out his tongue and pants like a dog. 
I love when he does that.

After walking a while, Zander started to slow down.. so daddy put him on his shoulders. :)
You will never guess what he saw once he got up so high?

The Moon! Yes... but not just THE moon... Zander's Moon!
'MOOOOOOON!!! Moon Momma... yook at MY moon Momma!'
'Oh thats Zander's Moon?' I ask
'Yeah Dat my moon Momma!'
Then Daddy says 'No thats MY moon!'
'Oh, dat Daddy moon, momma.'
Isn't he just the sweetest? 

Then of course when I refereed to it again as Zander's moon, he kept correcting me and saying No that's Daddy's Moon! He is the sweetest. But I wanted it to be Zander's moon again.. so I nudged The Daddy and he said "No, thats Zander's Moon!"
"Oh, Dat my moon, Momma."
I don't know why, but I just love that he loves the moon. I love how smart he is and how curious and adventurous he is. I love his thirst for knowledge and I know that God has BIG plans for my special little guy. Every day I look at him and cant help but wonder how his life will turn out. I almost cant wait for him to grow up so I can see... but for the most part I almost want him to stay like this forever... Forever my baby boy, forever my little wonder. :) OK so maybe not FOREVER, haha, but you get my point. I just need to cherish every moment I have with my amazing kids, and pray I don't forget about their fun little personalities and behaviors at this age.They make life so much more fun and entertaining as well as stressful and frustrating at the same time! HA. They are such blessings, they strengthen my faith and teach me so many life lessons... Like that quote:

"While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about."
~Angela Schwindt


Its so true. :) Happy Friday Everyone!






2 comments:

  1. That's so cute about the moon :)

    I've been wanting to start daily walks with my family. We do it a day or two then forget about it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm a brand new follower from Eisy Morgan's link to you! I loved your feature and you are super talented! Hope to win a lovely headband from you! So gorgeous! Come by and visit me too please at http://bresbaubles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Mommy Made. I hope you enjoyed this post. I look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...