Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Can We Say Over Achiever?

Can We Say Over Achiever?
Yes, Over Achiever, My Kiah Girl is an over achiever!
Not that there is anything wrong with that, I am proud of her for doing so well academically. 
And I love her thirst for knowledge, I love that she aspires be the Teachers Pet, that she never turns her green card, and gets "lunch bunch" every week of the year!
For those of you who don't know what that is, its lunch with the teacher where they get special treats and maybe a movie or TV time. Only the kids who keep their cards green all week long get it. Its actually funny... when She first told the daddy about lunch bunch, he was shocked. 
He said "when I was a kid, having lunch with the teacher was a punishment, not a privilege!"

ANYWAYS.....

Back to the subject of being an OVER achiever...
SO, Last week end Kiah comes home telling me she has to build a Volcano. Then she said, well I don't HAVE to, I'm doing it for extra credit. SO I think, OK great, she wants extra credit. And I assume the teacher told the kids that if they wanted extra credit that they can make a volcano... since I know they have been studying land forms and such.  Well the time comes for her to get started and I said I would help her, because she would using my supplies. So we head out to my craft room and I have a few supplies and ideas to help her with. But I am curious about the volcano...

So I ask her if she got a paper from the teacher about it, to see if there were any specifications and what not. She says no, because she doesn't have to do it...its just for extra credit! I said.. well I would like to know what your teacher said, so I know what we should be doing for sure. (I am just crazy with directions like that.) So I say well tell me what EXACTLY your teacher said. And Kiah tells me she didn't say anything because its for extra credit. I am confused....

So I ask he again What did her teacher say!
She said NOTHING.
I say what do you mean nothing!!!??
Kiah started crying.
I say, Baby can you please just tell me whats going on. How do you know you're supposed to make a volcano?
So she tells me I told my teacher I wanted to make a volcano, and she said ok.
I'm still confused... I ask, what? That's it? Ok so tell me exactly what happened in your class, and the conversation with your teacher... tell me exactly!!

So Kiah says, I went to my teachers desk. I told her I wanted to make a volcano. And she said ok.
I say.. and that's it!? She didn't say ANYTHING else?
Kiah cries a little more. And Answers no.
I say ok, babe, stop crying. Its ok.. I am not mad, I was just confused! Here I thought this whole time that your teacher told the whole class that you all could do a volcano for extra credit if you wanted. But that's not what happened, whats it?
"No".
Ok, so your teacher said nothing about extra credit?
"No".
OK Kiah,  we can still make this volcano, for fun and you can still take it to your class. But you need to understand, that you may NOT get any extra credit at all, ok? Because your teacher didn't say this.. you cant just assume you will get extra credit for this. Ok? I mean you still MIGHT get extra credit.. BUT don't be upset if you don't, ok? 

"OK".

So we get stuff together, she paper mache'd and painted, and glued.... and then before too long she had a cute little volcano diorama. Which she proudly tooks to school, Monday morning. When she came home, she tells me her teacher liked it, and said that they will eventually be making volcano dioramas and she wont have to do it because she will already be done! HAHA So I guess it wasn't all for nothing. BUT it was definitely something to remember. A memory of my little over achiever! She is so sweet and has such good intentions. And really I love that she wants to do her very best and anything she can to be the best student she can. Even if it is a little confusing and frustrating! :)

Do you happen to have a little over achiever in your home??


3 comments:

  1. Oh bless her cotton socks! Its great that she wants to do extra activities rather than not be interested at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute story!! :) I was an overachiever as a child too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still a total over achiever! Ha! And your daughter is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Mommy Made. I hope you enjoyed this post. I look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...