Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kiah Learns To Sew (Kids Sewing Project)

 


Kiah loves watching me create. She will sit with me as I make new jewelry and hair clips. She always asks if she can help or make some of her own. Recently she had been asking me over and over to teach her how to sew.
*MOMMY CONFESSION HERE*
Now even though I am a fast learner, I can look at something and just understand how to make it or do it myself without explanation and can make up new creative things, I am a TERRIBLE teacher! I can be impatient, flustered and frustrated at the person im trying to teach. And sometimes if things arent done right or perfect by the "student" I get irritated and just want to do it myself! :(
 This is a BIG flaw... Yes I am a perfectionist... sort of.. I like to call myself a lazy perfectionist. haha
But I am working on this! I need to just enjoy things and not worry so much if they are done correctly.. as it does take time to learn something new and get it right, for most people.

So with that being said.. you can see why I was hesitant to teach Kiah how to sew! So I kept putting it off. As much as I wanted to bond with Kiah in that way.. I was just nervous. Then I heard about Elle Sophia Design through Ask Anna! Elle Sophia Designs provides sewing kits for kids!
As soon as I heard about her shop I was so excited! I knew this was JUST what I  needed to be able to teach Kiah to sew and have some Mommy Daughter time!

I bought the Kids Learn to Sew Starter Kit and the Kids Sew A Pillow DIY kit
I didnt tell Kiah about it at first.. it was a total surprise and she was SO excited when they came!


The kit comes with simple instructions and some pictures to help. I let Kiah read them and do as they said, just giving her a few tips as she went. And she did so well!

Cutting the string:

Threading the needle (this starter kit comes with a needle that has a very large eye, making it super easy for a beginner!)

Starting to sew!


Working like she has been sewing for years! :)

Really Concentrating on getting the lines straight and keeping the sides matched up!

She did so well, we were both so proud.



Now onto the stuffing!

Next up was the heart.

My beautiful girl!

I am so grateful for this project and this special time I got with Kiah.
I just love moments like these.

All finished! I am beyond proud of her! She was so excited about them, she HAD to take them to church the next day and show them off to EVERYONE! 
Funny thing was, that one of the little kids in the church liked her heart and took off with it!
She was so upset she thought she lost it!
Then Pastor Dan made a special IMPORTANT announcement ;) and it was found!

She is pretending its beating... haha Silly Kiah Girl!

The finished Products! :) Didnt she do great? We are going to work on the second project soon!

If you have been looking for a fun sewing starter project or even just a more kid friendly project to do with your daughters, I encourage you to check out Elle Sophia Designs!
And if you are on Facebook {this} is her page! Go like it!! :)


1 comment:

  1. Love this, I will have to save it for when our little lady is older! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Mommy Made. I hope you enjoyed this post. I look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...