Friday, March 18, 2011

Create Your Own Bean Bag Toss



For Kiah's birthday I wanted to made a fun party game that we could keep around and re-use if we wanted.
When I remembered I had made my own life size photo cut out before, I knew I wanted to make something similar! I decided a bean bag toss would be fun!
Fun to create and fun for the kids. :)
So I asked for the hubs helps, and we talked about design ideas. Here is what we did. First we bought ply wood (2 pieces one about 6 inches longer than the other), and some 2x4's.
I started out with the shorter piece of plywood, and painted it white..
while the hubs made a frame out of the 2x4's to fit for the longer piece of plywood.He screwed the painted plywood to the frame.
The opening at the bottom makes it an easy catch place for the bean bags to fall.
After that he screwed the longer plywood to the back of the frame. With Kiah's help.. she was so excited! :)
Now the main part of the bean bag toss is made.
So I started sketching out the design I wanted for the bean bag toss. Since Kiah's birthday was conversation heart themed, I knew I wanted to holes to be hearts. So I used my large chalkboard heart as a stencil, and then had some smaller wood hearts to decorate with.
After the design was drawn out, I started painting!
I left a spot at the top for the title of the toss game:
Sweetheart Toss.
If you look at a box of sweethearts/conversation hearts, you will see that I tried to get the
lettering as close as possible.
This was how it looked after I had all the hearts painted. I drew circles of various sizes in each of the big hearts, for my husband to cut out later.
I added more detail, with the red... turning the little hearts in "concersation hearts". Painting in the title and the points on the big hearts.

All finished painting! :)
Lastly the hubs used his skill saw to cut out the holes.. and thats it.. our very own bean bag toss game!
I love it because its sturdy, and because I painted it myself... I can always re-paint it if I want to use it again for another birthday party theme! :)
Here is Bruce Jr and my little niece Sissy, playing with it. :)




BE Sure to Check out the linky parties I like to join!
Linky Party Tab at the top of my blog! :)

17 comments:

  1. Super cute! I am totally going to recruit hubbys help to make one of these!

    I'm visiting via Tatertots and Jello and a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! :) I bet the kids love having a special game that is one-of-a-kind! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, love it! I have got to make a boyish one for my twins birthday, they will have so much fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I've been eyeing some bean bags, so now I know what to do with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so great!! I've wanted to make something like this for my kids for a while. I love what you've done!

    I would love to have you share this at my For the Kids Friday Link Party! I'm sure you'll find some great ideas there too. Stop on by!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/03/for-kids-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw you linked up over at I Heart Naptime. I didn't even know it was you, I just thought this looked super cute. I've heard you mention this blog before, but I have never stopped by. I think I will take a minute and browse around now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! I wonder if I can talk my husband into helping me with this....
    I am new follower visiting via Craft Envy Spotlight Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very cute - I bet the kids had a blast!
    I'm a new follower!

    www.addicted2tutes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is super super cute!! I love how to beanbags are caught and bring down to the bottom :)

    would love for you to come link up to handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun idea!!! We shared this on our Features post from the Fancy This Fridays link up today! Hope you'll grab a button for your blog! :) http://trulylovelywiththelaneysisters.blogspot.com/2011/03/fancy-this-features-edition-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww. That's really cute! My daughter would love one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty darn cool, I'm really impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi - I found you via 'The Saturday Morning Blog'. I SO love this project that I am going to attempt one myself. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing this post at For the Kids Friday at Sun Scholars. This week's party is now posted. I'd love to have you share with us again this week!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/03/for-kids-friday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cornhole games online offer you several type of cornhole games boards, cornhole bags, bean bag games, bean bag toss, beer pong and many other tailgating games.Bean Bag Toss Bags

    ReplyDelete
  16. those r super cute! well mothers like me that rnt as crafty lol but i did find that the mini cornhole board or bag toss boards what ever ur flavor is r great for the kids. i bought the mini corn hole boards for the kids and they love them. they look just like me and my husbands just smaller and they fell like they r just like us. we set them up every time we play which is about every weekend. I also got them there fav. color cornhole bags that way they r all different! http://tailgatorz.com/Cornhole-Boards/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Mommy Made. I hope you enjoyed this post. I look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...